Pages

Monday, January 06, 2014

Beauty Look Book #FOTD: New Years Brights.

Happy New Year all!

I'm back with a new haircut and a face of the day.. I know, I know! Crazy right? I always promise myself I'll post these regularly and then I don't, so my first official 2014 post is a FOTD. I am going to try and be more regular with these... Maybe one or two a month.

So, I wanted to play with some brights since I'd been sticking to neutrals for such a long time, with the new hair cut I thought I'd go for a bold eye and lip!

I used urban decay primer to prime my eyelids and then I started on my crease. I first used a light brown (MAC Era) to get some definition, then I added a lid colour, I used a navy shade (MAC - Deep Feelings) from an old holiday palette that I have on the inner and outer corners on my lid and then I added a bright blue (MAC - Deep Truth) all over the centre of the lid and blended it in with the navy. I then added the pink into the crease above the blue and I used two shades mixed for this (The Body Shop - Berry cheeky & MAC - Feast, from the same Holiday Palette) .. I blended them softly as I didn't want it to be too intense.

For liner I used a gel liner (MAC fluidline - Blacktrack) and I also tightlined my eyes with this and smudged it along my lower lashline, then I added some shadow over the top along my lower lashline (MAC - Feast). I added two coats of black mascara (Max Factor False Lash Effect) and highlighted my browbone (MAC Holiday Palette - Satisfy).

For the skin I used L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation (Porcelain) and a translucent powder, I concealed with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (Fair) and I used a C-2000 Blush from the Little Mix Collection in the 'Perrie' shade (Love this!). I contoured/highlighted (Sleek contour kit - Light) and filled in my brows (HD Brows - Foxy) to finish the face.

Finally for the lips I mixed some liptars from OCC (Demure and NSFW) with a pout paint (Cloud 9) from Sleek Makeup to create a hot pick shade.

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed the post and that you like the look. Let me know if you'd like more of these.

Have a great week!
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

Stunning! Love the colours and your hair looks pretty darn chic :)

1000Lookz said...

Excellent.. I love these type of makeup for eyes.