Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Plus Size OOTD: The Fancy Frock!

I'll start with a little back story first. My brother got married in August (outfit post here), and when I was shopping with my Mum for an outfit to wear I found a dress in Evans that I fell absolutely in love with, (Link!) it was from Scarlett & Jo (Prom Dress Range) and it was like my dream dress, I picked up the size I thought I'd need and went to try it.. If looked amazing, perfect. It was just *the* dress, ya know?

Only problem was that it was too big and because I am currently losing lots of weight, it seemed pointless. So Mum ran out to get the next size down... They didn't have it, and because the dress was in the sale they didn't have more. I left the shop with a pout and went home and searched the internet to see if I could find it anywhere, or on the Evans website. No such luck.

Fast forward 3 months and I'm casually browsing the Evans sale (as you do!) and I see this dress from the range (the exact same style) and it's on sale, but they don't have the size down that I needed in July. They did have the next size down though (Size 20, FYI) so I thought I'd order it and give it a go because I love it so much and I thought I might get lucky, or I could slim into it.

I picked it up in store last Wednesday and I love it. It fits and it's perfect.. It's not the black spotty one I originally wanted but it's just as pretty, navy blue and flowers are not usually a me thing, but I feel good in it - I think it's the style of the dress. It's so me and so well fitting, flattering and gorgeous.

The point of all that chatter was to do this outfit post and show the dress on, sooo...
Pretty, huh? I love how it flatters my shape and skims my hips, bum and tum. I am very happy with my purchase! I now want to get this dress in every version they have. Like THIS! Sooo tempted.

Get it here: Evans, Scarlett & Jo Navy Floral Print Prom Dress (£30!) But they have very limited sizes.

Thank you for reading!
Love, Sophie xx
Where else to find me..

2 comments:

Love Leah said...

Ooh, you look fabulous! x x

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Lovely dress.