Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Vidal Sassoon Moisture Fusion.


 
Before I begin, I apologise for the stock photo, for some reason every single picture I took of this came out crap, and I struggled with the angle and lighting. It looks exactly like that though.


I rarely blow dried my hair before trying this out. You see, I have naturally curly hair and I always let it air dry into it's curls because blow-drying just creates frizz, tangles and doesn't do my hair any favours.

They Say:
The stylish purple hairdryer emits four times more Ions than a standard Ionic dryer to leave your hair smooth and static free for a salon quality finish. With 2200W of power, 2 speed and 3 heat settings, you can customise your blow drying to suit whatever style you want to create.
So, this is the Moisture Fusion dryer which was kindly sent to me to try out. As mentioned above this has an ionic generator built in, which locks moisture into the hair and reduces frizz - It also really does dry the hair quicker than usual dryers, which is a big ask when you have thick hair like mine. My initial reaction was to the design, I love the colours of it. This also has a neat little thing where you fold the handle inwards to make it more compact so that it is easier to travel with. It also has a little hook to hang it with, and a great swivel cord so you don't get tangled up when drying your locks. The lead is really long too, which is always good.

This really does reduce frizz and dry much faster than normal dryers. I dried one side of my hair with a my old drier, and the other with this, and here is the difference.

I have no idea why each side of my my hair looks different in colour in there, but I can assure you that it is just the lighting, and smoothness of my hair. The picture on the right reflects the light and looks more shiny and rich in tone, the left side looks frazzled and dry. I'll let you guess which side is which! .. Oh okay, I used the lovely new dryer on the right side. On the left I used my old dryer which has one heat setting, which is hot!

Talking of heat settings, that is the last thing I want to mention, this has great settings so that you can use with with cool air, medium or hot, and different speeds. It truly is great.

What do you guys think, do you own this dryer?

Buy it online, here.

1 comment:

Clare @ cclarebear.com said...

Have you used a Parlux before? It's my holy grail of hair dryers and I'd be curious to know how it compares :)