Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

A big surprise! :)

Just a note, before I write this blog. I am a big fan of Jimmy Carr, the comedian and when I heard he was coming to Leeds on his tour this year I really wanted to get tickets and go, but we couldn't afford it.

- - - - -

So, for the past few weeks my boyfriend has been acting a little strange, secretive even, but nothing that I was worried about.

Yesterday was Sunday - Normally on a Sunday he goes to his parents house for tea,without fail, But a few days ago he had told me he wasn't going this week as his sister was going to be there. He said we could go out for a meal for a change because he would like to take me out. I thought this was so sweet and I was like 'Yeah, OK.'

Yesterday came, it was wet and dull and I suggested we stayed in and had a takeaway but he was set on the idea of going into town for a meal, saying that he really wanted to treat me. So I said OK, and I was pleased.

So, we got ready, got a bus into town, in the pouring rain, I was a little 'blagh' because of the weather, but happy enough. We got to the bar where we were going for a meal and some drinks and sat down to look at the menu. We got drinks and ordered our food and he said something to me about how I said he was bad at keeping secrets (I had done in the past, jokingly) He said I was disrespectful and bad for thinking that about him (All of this was said with a smile). I was like 'Ok.... What is happening here' ..

Anyway, he then said something about how Jimmy Carr had been touring in Leeds, and I was like 'Yeah, he was here last week I think.' - He said 'No, He is here tonight... So don't tell me I can't keep a secret, because I have tickets for us to go to his show!' .. He pulled two tickets from his wallet and passed them to me.

OH MY GOD, I was absolutely STUNNED, I honestly had no idea what so ever that he was gonna spring that on me.
I was so chuffed with him, I was almost crying. I apologised for telling him he can't keep a secret, because he SO can! And I had a permanent grin on my face all night.

We went to his late showing at 21.45pm and it was AMAZING, we laughed so much and had an awesome time. I don't think anybody has ever surprised me like that, and it was great.

I am still shocked now, because I really had no clue that was coming at all. I had been disappointed knowing I couldn't go and that it was a sell out. When all along he had a pair of tickets (good seats in the stalls too) hidden away.

It was amazing, and I had a great time.


I love my boyfriend so much. :-)


(Here is the poster from the tour/show)

6 comments:

anna_junger said...

that's such a great story =)
He's definitely a keeper!!!

Sophie said...

Thank you. He really is. I couldn't believe it. I am still so happy now! It is strange. He is THE best :)

anna_junger said...

thanks for your post on my blog =)
I got my layout just from online. There's a link to the site where I got mine at the bottom of my blog. Or, for other choices, do a search on google for blogger themes. It's just simple cut and paste!

Sophie said...

Thanks !! x

lestersec said...

aww thats really sweet!
me and my boyfriend went to see jimmy carr last feb and it was so good! he's so funny!

Sophie said...

Oh I know! He is so rude, but hilarious! Loved it :)