Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Haul (Pictures!)

As promised, pictures of the products I got in Sheffield on Monday.

Let's begin..

My mission was to find a foundation that matches my skin tone, doesn't make my skin feel more oily than it already is and that gives a good coverage. Before going to Sheffield I had watched a few reviews on different foundations and decided I wanted to try the Revlon Colorstay. So far I am loving it (I have used it twice) It lasts well and covers my face well and it doesn't feel heavy either. Only downside is that it smells like paint!



- -

In Boots the No 17 products were on a 3 for 2 offer so I took advantage of that, I love their stuff, the quality is really good for the price. I got two lovely eye shadows and another of their blushes, which are very pigmented and excellent quality.



- -

I got three nail polishes from Sinful Colours. I have never heard of the brand but Becky had and said it was a popular brand in the US.. As it is I did a goggle search and they have a UK and US website. I paid 2.99 for each polish which is the same price as the site, so I would like some more colours if they're any good.



- -

Becky also suggested a nail polish from the GOSH range which is an amazing shade, it is just sparkly holographic colourfully amazing! .. I actually think the picture does it a little justice.



- -

They have quite a good range of Sleek in the Superdrug and I wanted to try some more so I got a few things from them, Including two of the gel liners, I already have the black one which I love.. I decided to get a white and yellow one this time, I am going to use them as you would a paintpot, as an eyeshadow base. I also got another palette and some of their amazing pigments.








- -

I also purchased a cute little smokey eye brush which is so cute! I know that MAC have recently brought a similar one out and wanted to try it, but this was a steal at under a fiver, and it is fabulously good!




- -

Then on to MAC of course! .. Chrome Yellow Eyeshadow (God I have wanted this forEVER and how amazing will it look over the Zest base from Sleek?!) ..Then I got my first paintpot in Blackground, which I have tried and love! And then Becky had two back to macs and said she only wanted one lipstick and for me to choose another.. I got Snob, a lovely nude pink shade! Thank you Becky! :)



-- -- -- SO that is it.. Other than that I got some nail polish remover, makeup remover, cotton buds and hair bands! *yawn!* .. I had a great day and loved meeting Becky, it was like we had known eachother for ages and great to shop with someone who shares my passion!..

xxx

3 comments:

Becky said...

I just finished posting my haul as well! I had so much fun meeting you and can't wait for our next one :) Thanks for the Sinful Colours link!

mizzworthy said...

I have that sleek palette and the yellow gel pot. It is really good under the chrome shadow... I've not used the sleek palette yet, but look forward to seeing what looks you use it for... Blackground paintpot is also fab! Glad you enjoyed hauling xxx

Fabulously Thrifty said...

I love those Boots eyeshadows..I wish our drugstore brands were that cute here in the U.S.