Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

→ The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes.



Hey Lovelies! .. So when I got back from my Christmas break I was really chuffed to discover that the lovely people from The Body Shop had sent me a voucher to buy some gorgeous goodies. So I dragged my other half into town and raided The Body Shop Sale! .. I got lots of great things, including these little gems.

These are Shimmer Cubes, which I'm sure you have all heard of before. I have always admired them and wanted to try them, but could never justify paying the hefty £16 price tag that came with them. In the sale however, these two were just £5 each.. I snapped them up!

So the two that I got are 18 and 19 .. Let's have a look at 18 first :


Pearly White, Precious Pink, Green Shimmer, Silver Sparkle.
I know that my swatches are a little washed out, apologies for that - I had to use a flash as the pictures were taken in the evening. They are lovely pastel colours though, perfect for spring / summer time.

Onto number 19 :


Emerald Sea, Sea Shell, Hushed Orchid, Sparkling Sky.
This is my fave of the two, the bright colours are so eye catching and pretty! Look at that green! :)

I really love these, I have been playing with them a bit recently and they are lovely to use. The shades are all really smooth and pigmented and blend nicely. They feel like a creamy powder consistency, and they work really well for an intense look when used wet. I'm glad I didn't pay £16 though, I'm still not sure they are worth that.. I think they are worth around the £10 mark. I'd like to try some others though.

Have you tried Shimmer Cubes? What are your thoughts?
Both of these are available on the website.
-----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive got 19 too!the shades are gorgeous and i like that you can take the little cubes out so handy to fit in your bag :)

Sara said...

these look amazing :) I think I will have to try it now :)

blushingpossum said...

Great post! I just wrote a review about this lovely product (in palette 06) -- considering that I had it for 3 years now. It's my HG neutral shimmer shadows!

blushingpossum said...

Great post! I just wrote a review about this lovely product (in palette 06) -- considering that I had it for 3 years now. It's my HG neutral shimmer shadows!