Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

- Remington 'Pearl' Conical Wand.

 
You would think that with me having naturally curly hair that I wouldn't need anything to help make it curlier, but sometimes I like to straighten my hair, and then add a few loose curls to jazz it up a bit. Natural curls can sometimes look a bit frizzy and I like the 'defined loose waves throughout straight hair' look.

So, for the past couple of months or so I have been trying out the Remington Pearl Conical Wand, which was kindly sent to me. Firstly, let me say how nice it looks, with a small flower detail on the handle - little things like that make me happy. It comes with a glove so that you don't burn your fingers, and a heat proof pouch to keep it in when you are not using it.

What They Say:
The latest in styling innovation, this Remington Pearl Hair Curling Wand Ci95 has a high-tech barrel with an innovative coating that makes it super smooth. Precious pearl power incorporated into the Advanced Ceramic coating of the barrel makes it eight times smoother and five times longer lasting than standard Ceramic wands. 

No snagging or catching, the wand glides effortlessly through the hair to create super sleek high definition curls. The latest in styling innovation, this Remington Pearl Hair Curling Wand Ci95 has a high-tech barrel with an innovative coating that makes it super smooth. Precious pearl power incorporated into the Advanced Ceramic coating of the barrel makes it eight times smoother and five times longer lasting than standard Ceramic wands. 

No snagging or catching, the wand glides effortlessly through the hair to create super sleek high definition curls.
Want to create movement with waves or curls then the Remington Pearl Wand Ci95 is the wand for you. No traditional tong clamp – just wrap strands of hair around the smooth conical barrel, holding the cool tip at the end and in seconds create boho-chic bouncy curls with just a twirl.

So Hot!

With a high-tech lockable digital display and the widest heat range on the market (130-210°C) you can be in complete control of the temperature that has just the right curl power for you. The Remington Pearl Wand Ci95 heats up in a speedy 30 seconds so you can be the first to hit the town.

Lust-Have, Must-Have

Not only does Remington Pearl perform to perfection, but it looks stunning too. High gloss black contrasts with a subtle and stylish oriental cherry blossom motif to create a curling wand that should be on everyone’s lust-have wish list.

What I Say:
First impressions were a bit disappointing, I failed at using it. I had seen videos on you tube about how to do it, and I had curled my mum's hair with her conical wand one Christmas - but using it to curl your own hair is much more difficult that I first thought it would be. I kept at it though, and with practice I think I have almost mastered it! –

The wand heats up to around 210 degrees, and gets very hot, the gloves comes in really handy so that you don't burn your fingers! I like to twist my hair, and then twist the twisted hair around the wand and hold it for no more than ten seconds, when I let go I have nice defined waves and curls.
If you are thinking about trying a conical wand, I would definitely recommend this one, it's under £26 and you can create some lovely styles with it, just be prepared to practice a little before you get the hang of it - it's not as easy as it looks (or it wasn't for me!) - I love it now though, and it's so quick and easy to use.

You can purchase the Remington Pearl Conical Wand from here, priced at £25.99.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one of these, they look so cool.

Anonymous said...

I have that one! But it makes my hair feel very dry so I haven´t used it much - or maybe I hold it too long against the hair?