Pages

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

What's In My Handbag?... Spring Spruce Up Kit!


What’s In My Handbag is a new site (to me) that I only discovered a few weeks ago when I saw another blogger mention it on Facebook.

I didn’t really know what it was at first, but I looked into it and it’s a great little site, full of features from other bloggers, and they have these beauty themed boxes that you can buy from them, they come with a range of products and there are different ones that you can choose from.

I have the ‘Spring Spruce Up Kit*’ which costs just £14.95 from the What’s In My Handbag website, but contains products that would usually cost £44!
So let me talk about the products…

- ROQUES ONEIL Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts.
I have given these to my other half and he is looking forward to trying them out after a long day at work.. I’m more of a shower girl, so I wouldn’t use them. They contain juniper, lemongrass and rosewood essential oils, therapeutic Himalayan pink mineral salts and powdered amethyst. They are said to help to clear physical and emotional toxins. They sound great!

- Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping Moisturiser SPF8.
This smells great and is a lovely hydrating moisturiser that leaves my skin feeling smooth and plump. It’s quite an intense cream, so would be great on dry skin, I like to wear it over night and my skin feels great the following day. This contains a blend of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and ultra-hydrating botanicals.

- James Read Gradual Tan Face Medium.
This is a moisturiser with gradual fake tan built in. I’m kind of terrified of fake tan and I am an embrace the pale kind of girl, so I didn’t use this. I did swatch it on my hand and forget though. For days afterwards I have a brown swatch mark, the colour was good and natural looking, but that’s all I can really tell you!

- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
Okay, not gonna lie. I was the most excited about this product! It is a cult product that have heard and read soooo much about, and I’ve always wanted to try it out. So it’s a fast dry topcoat, you apply it onto your nails after painting and they dry super fast and have a super glossy look to them. It lives up to what I expected! I am terrible with polish and it never lasts, but I’ve had this on top of a shade for three days now, and we’re still going. Actually, I think it might be time for a change. I love this product! I don’t think I’ll ever want to be without it now.

So, that was my Spring Spruce Up Kit from What’s In My Handbag! I am super happy with it and love the idea that you can choose a kit that appeals to you. I want the one with the Tangle Teezer in!  (Dying to try one of those!)

Definitely check out their website here, and if you fancy making a sneaky purchase, I have a special 20% off code for you! Just enter LOVEMAKEUP20 at the checkout until May 31st on orders over £10.