Pages

Monday, June 04, 2012

Makeup Haul - Sleek Palette, Barry M, Etc...


I had a little splurge recently, I still had some Christmas money left over believe it or not! So I went into town and headed for Superdrug and Boots and came away with the above. There were a few things I had been seeing on youtube and other blogs and I wanted to try for myself.

♥ ♥ ♥

Sleek Makeup Ultra Matte v2 Dark Palette: Love this! I am more of a matte shadow fan than overly shimmery, but mattes are notoriously less pigmented and harder to blend. That's not the case with this palette, they're pigmented (maye a little over powdery) and they blend really well. I'd like to get the brights version too!

Barry M Kohl Pencil: I wanted a bright pink lip liner but then I saw the pink kohl pencil, it cost less and is good to be used on eyes or lips. It's smooth and creamy and a lovely lip colour all over the lips, or as a liner for your fave pink lipstick.

No7 Vital Enlightening Highlight Powder: This was on clearance and caught my eye. It has a lovely 3d pattern on the top and is a perfect light shimmery (not glittery) highlighter that gives a gorgeous glow. I use sparingly though, it is super soft and pigmented.

Barry M Nail Paint - Silvery Lilac: I saw this on the blogosphere and knew I needed it. I've only swatched it so far, but I love it. It's a shimmerly silver/lilac duochrome that will look stunning over a dark polish, though it can be worn alone too.

Max Factor Nail Polish - Fantasy Fire: Another one that I saw on blogs and knew I had to have. I've only swatched it so far, but this is gorgeously unique, it has all kinds of multi coloured shimmer in it.. It is quite sheer but again, will be amazing over the top of a dark polish. Can't wait to paint my nails with this!

Revlon Lip Butter - Candy Apple and Cotton Candy: I wanted to try these soooo badly, and I intended on picking atleast one of them up.. I couldn't just get one though! I love the balmy sheer lipstick texture that is buildable. Both of these colours are gorgeous.

Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream - Fairy Cake and Cotton Candy: I had heard a little about these, but not too much. They had a deal on them though and these two colours stood out to me so I thought 'why not'. I am so glad I picked these up - stars of the day! They are gorgeous, they feel moisturising when you apply them, but then they set to a stain and don't budge. I think C2000 need to release more colours of these.. Other than these two there were a few nude shades. I want a red and a hot pink!

Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer: I'm not much of a bronzer girl because of how pale I am, but I've seen a few youtubers raving about this and when I saw it I just had to get it. It's matte, so perfect for contour - this is the lightest shade and it's not that pigmented atall, which makes it perfect for a lighter bronzing effect for me, but it is buildable too.

♥ ♥ ♥

So that's it! :)  I'll have some individual reviews on some of these products soon.

Do you own any of these products, which are your faves?

No comments: