Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Purelement Defend Argan Oil.


With me having oily skin I am always a little weary about what I put on my skin in regards to oily products, I don't want to overload my skin and make it worse than it is. I have also come to the conclusion that there are some amazing face/multi purpose oils out there that are packed with goodness to help the skin.

For over a month I have been using the Defend Argan Oil Moisturizer* from Purelement Naturals. When I read what it could do I couldn't wait to try it, plus I had heard numerous positive things about using aragan oil too.

About Purelement:
Purelement Naturals is a Chicago based skincare company formed in 2010 by Andriana Valentino that develops and distributes all-natural and organic skincare products infused with pure essential oils.  The company initially released a product line in Juneandriana valentino 2011 with the following: organic body butters, organic argan oil, serums, scrubs, lip treatments, and body treatments.  In late 2011, Valentino made the decision to make argan oil the main focus of the company after seeing her clients’ results from using the multi-tasking oil from Morocco.

This oil comes in a 50 ml glass bottle which is made from a violet glass to protect it from UV rays, kind of like how sunglasses protect your eyes. Anyways, I have been using it daily and I have found it to improve my skin so much.


What Purelement Say:
What does defend do?
  • Tightens skin 
  • Clarifies 
  • Hydrates
  • Regenerates skin cells
  • Evens out complexion 
  • Protects elasticity
  • Softens skin
  • Reduces inflammation and redness

What makes defend work so well?
  • Argan oil* - 100% certified organic oil high in EFAs, squalene, Vitamin E
  • Lavender* - Cell regenerator, combats wrinkles, effective against acne
  • Frankincense - Balances oily skin, smoothes and defends against wrinkles
  • Bergamot* - Clears skin infections
  • Carrot Seed - Revitalizes and moisturizes dry skin
  • Myrrh - Cleanses, tightens, and rejuvenates the skin
  • Geranium* - Anti-inflammatory, helps control redness and uneven skin tone
This is a light coloured oil that has a glorious scent to it, it smells so herbal and natural and the smell really relaxes me when I apply it to my skin. I started using it morning and night but have now started to wear it only in the evening because my oily skin needs something lighter in the day time. That's not to say that this leaves my skin feeling greasy though, I am actually surprised by how much it doesn't. It really sinks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling softer than I can describe, aswell as plumped, and feeling calm and soothed after the removal of makeup.

It has worked great on the blemish scarring that I have on my face, slowly helping it to fade, and I feel it has improved my skin in general, it just looks and feels lots nicer since I have been using this. I keep it by my bed, apply it last thing and wake in the morning with the freshest, smoothest face. Aside from face I like use it on my cuticles, the ends of my hair and my decolletage.

This product has a shelf life of 3 years, is suitable for all skin types and includes no toxins and is not tested on animals.

You can but the Defend Argan Oil Moisturizer is available to purchase online for $48. (That's about £30 to my UK readers.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds similar to the liz earle ceoncentrate. Is it?

Sophie said...

Yes, it is similar, and the Liz Earle is around £42 for 28ml, you get 50ml in this for around £30 (though I am not certain of the shipping from the USA). For me they both do the same thing, but this is slightly thinner in texture so goes a little further too. Hope that helps :)