Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

» Revlon Lip Butter Love!

I purchased these Revlon Lip Butters a few weeks ago after seeing tons of hype about them when they came out in the US, and then how popular they were when they were released here too.

First, I like the packaging. I have heard mixed thoughts on it, with some saying it's tacky.. Maybe a little, but it's fun and bright and I really like it. They feel sturdy and not cheap and nasty.

The lip butters themselves are like balmy lipcolours (very similar to the No17 Mirror Shine Lipsticks) .. I got Cotton Candy, This is a my lips but better shade on me - a nude pink with a slight shimmer. Candy Apple is like a slightly orange red, not like any other shade I own. I love this, it's great alone or on top of a red lip liner (all over the lips.)

They feel very hydrating on the lips and give a glossy sheen, they don't last that well, but are easy enough to reapply throughout the day. I have to say they are my current go-to products for lips, I love how they look and feel. Because of the butter soft texture though, and how often I use them, they go down quite quickly too.

What shades should I pick up of these, what is your fave?

Revlon Lip Butters are available at Boots and Superdrug. £7.99.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I have swatched these so many times and keep putting off buying them - thinking do I really need them but I think I need to give in and but some!! Ilove how the red colour is still quite sheer - I want to get the Coral one and the shortcake one too.

Sophie said...

I highly reccommend! The are nice and sheer, they feel just like a lipbalm, but with a nice wash of colour :)

Marianna said...

I absolutely love these and even the packaging! My favourite would have to be candy apple and creamsicle (a super light pinky tone). Great post :) xx

Sara said...

I have this in Berry Smoothie and I LOVE it!!

Tass said...

Sweet tart is my favourite!

Yin said...

I love lip butters. So wearable. I've been reaching for candy apple often too. :) I'm also partial to tutti frutti. It's such a summery colour :)

Sophie said...

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll have to check some other shades out!

Sarvin Sidhu said...

Thanks for the review. Got to get them soon!
http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

Carly said...

I think Candy Apple looks gorgeous, but I was a little worried about how long they would last like you said.
xxx

Sophie said...

I just did a review on one of these! I would love for you or anyone to check it out :)

I am also having a giveaway when I reach 100 followers :)

http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/review-revlon-lip-butter-strawberry.html

Sophie xx