Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness: Japonesque PINK Touch Up Tube.

As I am sure most of you are aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and with lots of brands selling pink things and donating money to the charity, I wanted to show you a cute little brush set. The Japonesque Touch Up Tube* in Pink! 5 brushes with a cute metallic pink tube container to store them in. Ideal for travel!

For every pink item from their collection that is purchased, they will donate some money to the Breast Cancer Awareness Charity and I am all for that!

So let's see what we have..
01 * Small Eye Detailer
02 * Larger Eye Detailer
03 * Foundation Brush
04 * Lip Brush
05 * Blush/Powder Brush

Okay, so let's break this down.

Brush 01 is a great little brush to have, it's soft, dense and is perfect for smudging along the upper and lower lashline, or for smaller detail work. I love it.

Brush 02 is a great all over shadow shader brush, it's soft and dense like the smaller version and is just great for packing on colour.

Okay, brush 03.. Foundation? Erm, I don't think so, it would take me forever to blend a facefull of foundation with this. I think this is more a synthetic concealer brush, and it's a good one, the bristles are sturdy but not too hard and it works great for eyeshadow bases aswell as concealer.

Brush 04 is a great lip brush, the bristles are the same as the 'foundation' brush, just a smaller version. It also works as a smaller detailer concealer brush.

Finally, brush 05. The was the most disappointing of them all. The bristles are coarse and scratchy and they shed a bit too much for my liking. This isn't a brush I think I would use, except maybe if I was travelling.

So there you have it. They are all handy and perfect for travelling and I am glad to have them in my collection.. Only one slight miss with the blush brush, but I can forgive that, I have tons of face brushes anyway. They are all great quality brushes that feel sturdy and they wash up well. I love the contrast of the black and bright pink colours too.

This set is £16.95, from HQ Hair.

2 comments:

liloo said...

Boo :'( the one i had my eyes on was the big brush no.5. oh well, my purse will be happy :) x
liloo/@tsunimee xx

Sophie said...

Sadly I found it really scratchy, which is weird because the two eye ones are fluffy and soft, if it had been like that it would have been great. :)