Pages

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Pulse Perfection Mascara.



Hey all,

Yes you read the title right, it's another review on the *New* Maybelline pulse perfection Mascara. Priced at £14.99 and available from the usual places, like Boots and Superdrug.

I have to say I was really looking forward to giving this a try, I thought the idea sounded good and I wondered how it would work.

The packaging of the mascara is black and gold and quite sleek and the brush is like the normal define-a-lash mascara wand, which is one of my fave mascaras anyway.



There was a little tab at the end of the brush which you pull out to activate the vibration button.

Now, the idea is that you press the button down whilst applying the mascara. I have to admit I found this a little difficult because the button itself is right at the end of the handle of the wand and I didn't feel like I could get a proper hold of it whilst pressing the button, but after a few attempts I got the hang of it, and the results were pretty good.

The formula is nice, it isn't too wet and it's more lengthening that volumising I found. As you can see below in this before and after shot, my natural lashes are very fair so you can hardly see them, and they are not overly long either. The difference with the mascara on is quite good, my lashes look much longer. (This is with one coat only)



So, You are supposed to apply the mascara from root to tip with no need for wiggling to get to all of your lashes, because that is why this one pulsates 100 times per second, like no hand can! Once I got the hang of holding the vibrate button while applying it I found the results to be quite impressive, every lash was coated and there was a big difference in the length of my lashes.

Priced at £14.99 I think it is a bit of an expensive buy, when all it is really is the define-a-lash mascara wand with a vibrator in the end (ooo-er!) I'm not sure that the effect that you get with the vibration can be achieved with a normal hand though, but I don't think it would be too far off.



So, as I said you can purchase this in Boots and Superdrug and there are normally some offers on in both places (I think 3 for 2 in Boots right now) Oh and you can click here for a £1.50 off coupon!

Have you tried this, what did you think?
 ♥
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

2 comments:

Becky said...

I still haven't even opened mine yet! Looks like a good mascara though :)

Dazzledust25 said...

Great review, thanks for sharing!:)