Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Review : Barry M Pencils.



Hi Guys, Today I'm going to do a review on a few things from Barry M. Firstly the Supersoft eye crayons and also their Kohl pencil liners.

I'll start with the Supersoft crayons. These are available from the usual places that stock Barry M (Boots & Superdrug), and the Barry M website for £3.95 each.

I had never tried these until recently and I have to say I am really impressed. I have one of the new matte shades in 'Matte Green' and a normal one in 'Purple'.



They both apply so smoothly and have a really creamy blendable texture, the pigmentation is great and you can go for a really opaque finish or blend it out for a more sheer look. The green is a lovely bright fresh colour and the purple is quite a pale lilac and has a shimmery/metallic type of finish, although it's not over the top. I didn't find the purple quite as smooth to apply as the green, which for me was just a tiny bit softer.

For me they both make a great base to apply other eye shadows on top of. However, they will crease after a few hours of wear, unless you wear some sort of eyeshadow primer underneath, such as urban decay primer potion or something similar.

All in all I really like these and plan on trying some more colours, the black and pink in particular have caught my eye. I do wish Barry M would make a matte white one though, Kinda like NYX's Milk Jumbo pencil (Which isn't easily available in the UK). I would LOVE that and I'm sure many others would too!

.... So, on to the Barry M Kohl pencils available from the same places as above for £2.95, These come in a huge range of colours too!

I have been using the black and brown ones of these for quite some time and have back ups because I like them so much So I was looking forward to trying out some new shades, I got shades #4 - Navy Blue and #15 - Pastel Lilac to try out.



The Navy Blue one is lovely! this is my new favourite liner, the colour is gorgeous and the pigmentation is very strong, it is soft, applies smoothly and is easy to smudge on the eye, It shows vividly in the waterline and isn't a flat blue, it's dark, but has a lovely brightness to it at the same time (Gee, I hope that makes sense!) You would need to try it to see what I mean, but trust me, It is a gorgeous colour.

The Lilac is a pale pastel colour that unfortunately because of being so pale doesn't show on my waterline, it does however make a really nice light base for pink and purple eye shadows on the eyelid, it applies smoothly like the Navy Blue and it blends out nicely too, without pulling on the eyelid.

The only thing about the Barry M Kohl Liners is that they don't last for THAT long because they are not waterproof, They probably last about 3/4 hours before you need to reapply. But If you are looking for a longer lasting option, Barry M sell waterproof intense eyeliner pens, so give those a try instead.
 ♥
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the navy blue khol pencil too i bought it last week and think it is a lovely colour xx