Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation Review ♥



I was really pleased when I was given the chance to try out the new Revlon Photo Ready foundation recently. I know it has been out for a while now, and I have been reading the many reviews, both good and bad, and hoping that I would get to try it for myself.

My absolute favourite foundation is Revlon Colorstay, So I was intrigued to see what their newest offering could do for me!

They Say .. "Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish."

- Oil free

- Fragrance free
- SPF 20

My Thoughts .. I really like this foundation. It is so much lighter to use than colorstay, and the coverage is not quite as good, I would say this is a medium coverage but it is buildable.

It has quite a runny consistency which blends easily onto my skin (I like to apply it with a damp sponge). It leaves my skin looking really glowy and fresh, which I powder over because of my oily skin, but the glow still shows through.

The bottle is a cute glass bottle and this foundation has a pump! This is such a plus for me, because that is one of my small hates about the colorstay, I found that one full pump is enough for a nice even coverage all over, or if you want more coverage then I used two pumps.

One of the main issues I have seen when reading reviews for this is about the Sparkles that it contains. As soon as I got it I swatched it and I was stood in sunlight trying to capture it on my camera, It's not easy! For me they are the tiniest micro particles that I can only see if I look really closely. When the foundation is applied the shimmers just reflect the light and make my skin look healthy, So they don't bother me at all.

In the photo below I have the foundation on, and I think my skin looks pretty flawless and photoready (It isn't!) those particles really make a difference and reflect the light and made my skin look better than it is.

So, all in all I love this product and it is definitely going to be my summer foundation of choice, because it doesn't feel as heavy on my skin and it looks fresh. I will still always have my Colorstay for bad skin days and nights out though!

What do you think? Do I look PhotoReady?

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love this foundation as well :)

Unknown said...

I think it looks great on you, you certainly can't see the sparkles in the full face shot anyway. I can't find a shade of this that works for me :(

Unknown said...

This looks like such a lovely foundation. Been wanting to try it for ages. How pale do the colours go? I'm a little paler than you and can never get shades to match!xx

Stevista said...

So, after a few hours that your skin has become shiny, don't you look like a discoball with this foundation? I have oily skin, so I'm a little hesitant... :S I love the Colorstay foundation!!

sunz said...

I bought it last few months but I prefer Colorstay over it! This Photoready is not suitable to my skin as it will becaome oily & the foundation faded after a few hours of wearing it.