Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

» First Light Cosmetics Review.

I was recently contacted by First Light Cosmetics, a Mineral Makeup company and asked if I would live to try a few of their products. They asked me to choose what I wanted and to let them know. I picked the Mineral Blusher in the shade 'Kohilo' and the Finishing Powder in 'Air Kiss'.

First off, they came packaged so nicely, I didn't photograph it but they came inside a woven drawstring bag, that is perfect for travel and I will reuse time and time again. I also got one of their Brushes to try out too.

So what did I think of the things I tried out?

I'll start with my least favourite thing, which is the powder brush sadly. It's nice and it's soft, large and it's dense, but it sheds like crazy. I washed it when I got it before I tried it, it shed. I washed it again the next day, it still shed. I washed it again, hoping this would do it, but it just carried on shedding.
Now, I can handle a small bit of shedding, but this leaves a ton of bristles tickling my face. I did read something though the other day where somebody had said they couldn't live without the brush, so maybe I was unlucky and got one from a bad batch. However, priced at £11.99 I can't say I'm a fan of this.

The other two products however, I love!
The mineral finishing powder in air kiss is a light powder that has the finest lightest sparkle to it, it's not really visible when it's on the skin, but it is there and it give a lovely glow to the skin. It's a lovely finely milled powder that is just perfect for setting my foundation, and keeping it in place. I recommend this!
The blusher is just GORGEOUS! I definitely picked the perfect shade for me, it's a pretty cool pink shade that has a lovely mirco gold fine shimmer to it. It just lights up my skin, giving a naturally flushed look and a night highlight at the same time. As with the finishing powder it's finely milled and it blends in lovely.

All in all I am very happy with what I was sent, and I have been eyeing up some other blush shades and a couple of the eyeshadows too! - You can purchase First Light Cosmetics online, from their Website.

3 comments:

The Editor said...

whooaaa, the blush simply looks ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUSSS!

Louise - Freckled Elle said...

These are the two products I chose! haha I LOVE them and have been using them everyday for the past 2 months
x

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

Omg, that blush looks stunning! I love mineral makeup so trying this brand would be ace - thanks for bringing them to out attention :)

As for your brush, clam along the metal at the top with a pair or chunky pliers to tighten it up as much as possible - that should stop so much shedding :)