Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

- Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation.

I was sent these samples of the new Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation to try out a few days ago, and today I wanted to share my swatches and initial thoughts.

What Illamasqua Say:
Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.

* * *

My initial thoughts are positive, the shade range seems to be pretty good and I like how it looks on me. I was sent shades 01, 02, and 03. I wasn't entirely sure which would be good for me, so I was happy to have options. The 01 is white, which would be good to tone down darker foundations, or maybe for halloween. Shade 02 and 03 mixed are good for my skin tone, i mixed a little of the two and it gave a good finish. 
Me, sporting shade 02 and 03 mixed.
The foundation is more full coverage than I had expected, but I like that. It blends in really smoothly with fingers or a brush (though I prefer my fingers) and leaves me with a fresh and glowy looking complexion. The staying power is reasonable, though I did get oily after about 5 hours or so, but that's normal for me. 

Overall I like it, I like the finish it gives, and the coverage. I would definitely consider buying a full size when I next need a new foundation. 

Here are my swatches:

Have you tried this foundation. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your interest in joining iFabbo. In order to process your application, we need you to send us your email address to info@ifabbo.com.

Thanks!
The iFabbo Team

Unknown said...

Hi Sophie i have awarded you over on my blog if you'd like to take a look xx

Unknown said...

Great review! I love that stuff :)