Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Bio Oil Alternative!

I'm a big fan of using bio oil for different things, and I did do a post on it a while back, but recently I came across a bottle from the Superdrug range. It's called Restoring Skincare Oil, and so I've been trying it out.

They Say:
Restoring Skin Care Oil is specially formulated with a blend of eight natural active oils which help minimise the appearance of scars, stretch marks, blemishes and uneven skin tone.

It is also effective for use on mature and dry irritated skin.

Sweet Almond Oil, Canola Oil and Soy Bean Oil. Renowned for their emollient qualities which help to rehydrate your skin and help restore its elastcity and suppleness.

Grapeseed Oil, Rosemary Oil and Sunflower Oil. Rich in anti-oxidants which help to soothe, protect and help tighten and tone the skin.

Suitable for all skin types. For use on the face and body. Contains Vitamins A and E. Non-greasy, quickly absorbed. Ideal for use as a therapeutic bath oil, after-sun moisturiser or a pregnancy massage oil.
It comes in a large 100ml bottle and is a fraction of the price! This, like Bio Oil, is brilliant for multi use. I use it for dry skin, cuticles, after a bath or shower, scars and on my face when it feels dehydrated. I use this for all of the same things, and it does the job just as well as Bio Oil.

It's the same colour, and it feels the same, but it soaks into the skin really quickly, and the bonus with this is that it has a nice scent to it. Bio Oil has a light smell to it, but nothing overly pleasant. This has a very slight pleasant scent to it, which I like more.
If you're a fan of Bio Oil, I would definitely recommend that you check this out the next time you are stocking up, I doubt that you'll regret it!

100ml of Bio Oil is over £10, and this is normally around the £6 mark, although it's online for £3.33 at the moment, but it is sold out currently.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bio Oil is currently half price in Lloyds Pharmacy, 200ml = £9+. But this does look like a nice alternative for those who aren't keen on splashing out so much on, what essentially is the same thing.

Kate said...

Love it, the old 'own brand' rip off! Bout time too, bet it's just as good! Cheers for the heads up x

Alexandra HRH said...

I've recently purchased bio oil and frankly, I wasn't sure what to use it for beyond scars. Thank you for saying what you use it for and I'll absolutely be trying them out! Good to know there is a cheaper alternative out there :)

Katkins1982 said...

I will check this out, I find bio oil really good on my face when it is need of a pick up or is dehydrated

teresa bowen said...

Many people are looking for safe and effective beauty products so I want to give an idea of the most effective products such as hauschka.