Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

February's Glossybox!

I am late with this. Super late, I know! I have been a bad blogger lately, but I'm still not better and I haven't been in the right mind set to blog. I do feel I am getting there now though, so more posts to come.

So anyway, The February Glossybox*. (I know you've all probably seen it already, but if not, or if you want to know my thoughts, read on.)

Meh. That was my first thought when I opened it. The only things that caught my makeup addict eye were the eyeshadow from BM Beauty, and the DuWop Gloss (which I slapped right on my lips!)

Sure, there was a magic soap, and a body lotion, but I feel like there always is something like that.

Anyway, I've tried everything now, and I want to share my thoughts.

-Let's begin with Dr Bronner's Magic Soap. This stuff is the king of multi tasking, claiming to work on the body, your face, hair and even for house cleaning and god knows what else. It is all organic, and is said to dissolve dirt. I have only used it a couple of times for my hands, just to test it. It smells nice, creates a nice lather and leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated. Definitely an intriguing product.

-Como Shambala Invigorate Lotion. This is nice, but I have so many body lotions, and I already have faves that I use, so I wasn't that excited by this. It smells lovely though, and doesn't take ages to soak into the skin nor feel greasy. It's a great little travel size.

-Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum. I haven't tried that many Paul Mitchell products, so I was excited to give this a go. I know some boxes had a curling serum, but mine is the straight hair one, which is a shame, as I have curly hair. Anyway, I used it when I straightened my hair ... it smelt good and hair was sleek and shiny looking afterwards, but I'm not sure it was much different to when I use drugstore straightening balms, that cost lots less.

-BM Beauty Eyeshadow in 'Her Majesty'. This is gorgeous, but not a colour I can see me wearing on my eyes. It's a good cheek colour though, and is a very pigmented and smooth blendable powder. I have tried it as blusher a couple of times, and it reminds me of Sleek's Rose gold. It's very pretty, with a lovely gold sheen. I would like to try more from this brand, which Kimberley Wyatt (former Pussycat Doll) runs with her friend I believe.

-DuWop Lip Venom Gloss. This was exciting, I have heard of this brand loads, but never tried anything. I put this on right away and the tingle started! It has a sweet/spicy taste to it, and it tingles so much, but not in an uncomfortable way (though that's a matter of opinion.) .. I asked my other half if my lips looked bigger, and he said they actually did.. So I scooted off to the mirror to find that they did look more plumped - not amazingly so, but slightly. It's a nice nude shimmery shade called Buttercup. I will definitely use this up, and consider purchasing a full size.

And because I am so late with this, you are probably all aware of the Mystery March Box already.. Exciting stuff though!


Check out GLOSSYBOX here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting read :)
Hope you get fully better soon :)



http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am all about the whole Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line...love the skinny serum. Helps lower dry time, makes hair super shiny and smells wonderful!