Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Human Fundamentalism - Illamasqua.


So, after I sadly missed the Illamasqua event in Leeds a few weeks ago, I was sent a few of the products from the Human Fundamentalism Collection from Illamasqua. This collection is beautiful and if I could afford to own it all, I so would. As always, the makeup by Alex Box is outstanding as are the images for the collection.

I was sent the powder eyeshadows in Pivot and Cancan. Pivot is described as a yellow green, and Cancan a bright lilac purple. I think the two shades compliment each other so well. They are both matte shades and the pigmentation is fairly decent for mattes which are notoriously never amazingly pigmented - they have a smooth finish and are definitely buildable.

The star of the show for me though, and what brings the shadows to life is the Sealing Gel.. This stuff is like magic, and wowed me as soon as I used it. It transforms pigments, shadows and powders into an insanely pigmented and long lasting liner, in the above swatch picture the liner swatches are the shawows with the sealing gel (Sorry the swatches aren't the best) .. you can see what it does for yourself! Oh, and let me tell you this, those lines were there all day, after numerous hand washes, it is amazingly long lasting. I finally removed it with an oil based makeup remover.  I cannot wait to experiment more with the sealing gel and other shadows.

What do you think of the new collection? Do you have your eye on anything? I really want 'Box' lipstick and the neutral palette!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

They look great, i have ordered the sealing gel and pivot. Thanxyou.

John Petter said...

Pivot is looking awesome.
Clearly Natural