Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

REN: Clean Skincare. Mask and Serum.

My skincare at the moment is all over the place. I'm trying a few new products to try and battle my skin problems (adult acne) which has got worse recently. I got these two products from REN, a brand which I have never tried. I did a bit of research and I could find were good things which made me excited to try.

I love a good clay facemask and this one from REN was a real standout for me. I am new to using serums on my skin and am only just getting into the habit of religiously putting it on.

Let's start with the Omega 3 Night Repair Serum: I'm loving this serum, I really like that it's just for the evening, I really don't like to overload my face with product when I am putting makeup on for the day, because I have oily skin... So I much prefer an evening treat that can be left to do it's work while I sleep. 

I apply this to damp skin (after cleansing) and then I apply my moisturiser over top. This sinks in really quickly and feels really lightweight, the only one small thing I dislike is it has a not very nice smell, but you can't smell it once it has soaked in and it's worth it for the results.  When I wake the morning after wearing this my skin feels so good! Plump, hydrated and looks glowing too. I've tried other serums and always wondered what the point was, but this was gives me a visible result and makes my skin look and feel really good.

The Invisible Pores Detox Mask is fabulous and perfect for my acne prone, oily skin. It's a clay mask that is a thick texture. It does tighten your skin as it dries, but I like the feeling, it's not uncomfortable. I leave this on until it's completely dried and then rinse with warm water.

After just one use of this my skin looked so different, my spots looked less red, my skin looked matte and glowy at the same time and it looked and felt so smooth. This is literally an amazing pick me up for the skin! I love that my skin stayed matte all day the next day after I used this and the texture looked so even and smooth. My pores look slightly smaller immediately after using this, but that is from it's tightening effect as it dries I think, I'm not sure anything can really reduce them permanently. I love this mask and never want to be without it, I love how it made my skin look and feel.

Do you have any REN recommendations?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the REN detox mask. I find it really works as my skin is really unpredictable. One week it will be clear and lovely the next it will have a complete outbreak that lasts ages.. I did own REN serum but i found it didn't agree with my skin at all unfortunately. L xx (http://www.ascottishlass.net)

Sophie said...

Such a shame they didn't work for you!