Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Makeup. Naked Palette Style!

For Christmas I got a new camera, which I love so much, my old FOTD camera was on it's last legs and my Mum had taken note and she gave me a lovely shiny new one at Christmas. I have to say though, it is SO weird getting to grips with a new camera when you are in a groove with the old one, and how you hold it and angle it to get the best pics.

This new camera also has an intense flash, which is great for most things, but for FOTD images it's a pain in the neck because it washes out the face and makes you look ghostly.  So, after a few weeks of experimenting I think I may have finally (just about) got the knack of it, and found a solution to the flash problemmo... taping a small piece of tissue on the flash to diffuse it a little. I am such a pro! Haha.

Today is the first day I have worn makeup all week! It always feels odd putting it on after so long. I've been unwell with a cold and tonsilitus and putting makeup on has been the last thing on my mind, but I thought it might perk me up today as I am starting to feel a little better.

I used my Naked palette from Urban Decay for the eyes (which I don't use enough!), I can't list the shades as I was just mixing a few of the shades until I got a look I wanted.  The main lid colour is sin though, virgin on the brow bone and then some browns in the crease and on the lower lashline, I have half baked on the inner corners of the lower lashline.

For my face I used my new NYC foundation for the first time, I recently mentioned it in a haul and I am quite impressed, it has a nice finish, but isn't very full coverage. I'll review it when I've tried it some more. My cheeks are contoured a little with Bahama Mama from the Balm and the blusher is the Coral blush box from Mememe.

Finally for my lips I used my Barry M Red lipliner all over and then a little of the No17 Mirrorshine lipstick in beehive on top to make it more pink toned and add a shine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the look! The lip color really pulls it together smashingly well. Also, I am a new follower here, how do you do your hair? It's absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to read more of your posts!

http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

Hi!

Thank you for the comment! My hair is naturally curly but I had used a conical curling wand this day to give it some extra oomph! :)