Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

LUSH : Dark Angels Cleanser


Because of my oily, spot prone skin, I am always looking out for something new to try that might help me out. I got this a while back, when a sale assistant in LUSH recommended it to me. It sounded great, So I bought it.

I have been using it twice a week for about four months now and thought I'd let you all know my thoughts on it.

What They Say :

Deep dark cleansing facial scrub for young, dark and oily skin. A lovely, black, squidgy scrub made with charcoal to absorb oils and exfoliate your skin. Nutritious avocado oil softens your skin, glycerine keeps the moisture in and black sugar softly scrubs; rhassoul mud is anti-microbial and cleanses deeply, while sandalwood and rosewood essential oils are soothing, giving you a feeling of smooth, clean freshness that is difficult to beat. It’s our new favourite, even if we aren’t very young. Just be a bit careful that you wash it off properly and clean the wash basin after you.


So, as you can see from the picture it's a black powdery squidgy looking product. It's simple to use, you just take a small five pence piece size amount on the palm of your hand, add a few drops of water and make it into a paste. I then cover my face in it, gently rub it in (Not too hard, it can feel harsh - It should be used once a week on normal skin, and twice on oily skin) and rinse it off - It does look scary when you rinse, but I always use it in the shower so it's not so bad.

I really love how this cleanser makes my skin look and feel. It feels baby soft when I have used it and it has a healthy glow to it. This keeps the oil at bay too, which I love! After use my skin just feels like it has been really deeply cleansed, and so fresh.

This costs £5.50 for 100g (which will last a while!)

Have you tried this?

3 comments:

My Autistic Adventure said...

It's lovely stuff but I won't use it after it stained my face. for a full 24 hours I had a black beard!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Oooh I hear such good things about CoalFace and now this too. If I ever get my ass to a LUSH store I shall have a look :)

Unknown said...

Ooh intriguing. I'm put off by it having sandalwood which i hate the smell of.