Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Liz Earle Colour: Makeup.

If you know me and you have been a reader of my blog for a while then you will have seen me write many positive reviews about Liz Earle products in the past. They sell some of the best skincare products (in my opinion) and some gorgeous body and hair care products too.

Almost a year ago they dipped their toe into the beauty world with their Sheer Skin Tint which I have reviewed and I still absolutely love. But very recently they have released their full makeup collection: Liz Earle Colour.

I have their black eyeliner pencil* and their light reflecting concealer*, which I have been playing with for a few weeks now.
"Enhance the shape and beauty of your eyes with our silky, long-lasting formula. It glides on smoothly and evenly to create striking definition. Enriched with our own natural source vitamin E."
The Eye Pencil is £11 and available in three colours. I have the black one, and wow is it black! This could possibly be one of the blackest pencil liners I have ever used. I didn't expect much from it to be honest and thought it would just be an eye pencil, but it is a highly pigmented, smooth, creamy, long lasting eye pencil. This has been my go to since I got it. If you're in need of a new black pencil, I highly suggest trying this.
 "Our multi-tasking, silky formula blends smoothly over bare skin or make up, to help disguise signs of tiredness and add radiance by brightening dark circles and subtly highlighting cheek and brow bones."
The Light Reflecting Concealer hasn't really wowed me to be honest. I mean, it is a good concealer, it covers and brightens under the eyes good enough for me, but it isn't very light reflecting. The website says you could highlight your face with it, I don't think it reflects light enough for that. That's not to say it isn't a good product, for me it is a decent under eye concealer. It is smooth and creamy and blends nicely without creasing. I also must add that the silver packaging for this is so swish looking and feels very expensive.

Have you tried anything from the Liz Earle Makeup Collection? I am liking the look of the cream blushers and brushes!

2 comments:

liloo said...

every time i come and comment on here, i am taken by the beauty of the font of the header. *drools*. Yes, unknown fact about me, i appear to love fonts more than makeup, which means i totally forgot what i was meant to comment in the first place haha.
liloo/@tsunimee xx

John Petter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.