Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

- Carmine November Beauty Box.

There's a new Beauty Subscription Box in town, and this one is called Carmine! I received the November box to check out and give my thoughts on and guess what? It is great and has some awesome products inside!

Carmine, like Glossybox and Boudoir Prive send the box out monthly and it has surprise sample products inside each month. The subscription fee is £10 a month (+ £2.75 P+P) and you will be sent 5 products to try out, and I have to say that it is well worth it!

The box is black with hints of pink and red and is packaged so nicely inside with a ribbon and sticker! I like the black box more than the girly pink boxes you get, and it's really sturdy and reusable.

This months products come to way, way over the £12.75 total.
More details on each products after the jump!



 

So this months box contains:

Lulu's Timebomb Flashback Night Cream: This 15ml sample is enough for you to try this out and decide whether it is for you or not. It is quite a light feeling cream with a nice subtle scent. I have been using this for the past two nights and I like it so far. It soaks in really fast and leaves my face feeling soft and hydrated.

- NEOM Organic Body Lotion: I love this lotion. It works wonders on dry skin, like the elbows and heels. It smells very herbaly, sort of Liz Earle like and is a rich cream that really hydrates.

- NEW CID I-Pout Lipstick: I love the colour I was sent, 'Red Cherry', it is so perfect for Christmas! This is a great quality lipstick that is moisturising and richly pigmented. It has a cute little light and mirror so that it can be applied in dark places with ease! This alone is £14.50 so more than covers the cost of the box on it's own.
See? :)

- Dainty Doll Eyeliner Pencil: This is the first time I have tried a product from the Dainty Doll range. I like Nicola Roberts and Girls Aloud and have always been intrigued about her cosmetics. This eyeliner is a lovely blue bright shade (called shake your tail feather) that is very pigmented, my only whinge would be that it is just a little on the hard side, but that is just because I am more used to soft kohls. This is £10 alone.

- Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink: These brow ink pens are £22 alone, so this is an amazing addition to the box! I got the shade Taupe and it is a good match for me. I have tried the GOSH Brow pens, and this is very similar, but it has better staying power, and it a better match for my brows. It's simple to use and has such a fine tip for hair like strokes.
Brow Ink & Eyeliner Swatches.
So, there you have it. I have to say, this box really stands out for me. I am a makeup junkie, so a box with three full sized makeup items that I have never tried and that have the value of almost £50 is amazing! I definitely recommend the Carmine Box!

Check it out HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of this box! Maybe it's time for a change from feel unique :)

Unknown said...

ooooh i want to sign up for this x