Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

My First Glossybox!

 Yes, believe it or don't, but up until now, I was a Glossybox virgin!

Someone from Glossybox kindly contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I would like to have a lookie see at one and see what I thought, and of course, I said yes. A beauty box, filled with beauty samples, once a month. Sounds good to me.

Octobers Glossybox has some lovely things in, and the products included in the box amount to more than the £10 that you pay for the subscription of having the box sent to you monthly.

Some of the great things about Glossybox are that you can stay up to date with current trends and discover new brands. You will get a new Glossybox every month that includes a mix of 5 exciting product miniatures packed in a beautiful box. It's just £10.00 per month (plus P&P) And there is no minimum subscription term, so you can cancel at anytime.


This months box includes the following..
Dermalogica Samples: I was excited for a chance to try some skincare from Dermalogica, I've wanted to for ages, but they are quite pricey. The Multivitamin Thermofoliant (£40.50) is very interesting, it has tiny exfoliators in it, and it also has a warmth to it as you massage it into your skin. It says to massage this for 1 - 2 mins. I went for one, although the particles are tiny, my skin felt a little sensitive to them. It leaves my skin feeling supersoft though.  The Multivitamin Masque (£33.00) is lovely. I am so into face masks at the moment, and I love this one. It's quite a thick texture, but it spreads well, and it left my skin feeling amazing and so refreshed. The Lip Complex (£22.50) is nice, but it didn't wow me. It added moisture to my lips, but the full size of this is pricey and I could never justify that much for a lip balm. This Glossybox also came with a cute mini Dermalogica bag which I love, and will be great for travel.

Leighton Denny Polish: I was disappointed with the shade I was sent. I know it's just the luck of the draw, and you get what you get, but this shade is so not me. I did try it on one nail, because sometimes seeing it on changes your thoughts, it didn't. It's a shimmery orange colour, it takes two coats to get an opaque finish and it applies smoothly. I would love to try some Leighton Denny in shades that are 'me' though, I have heard only good things, and the packaging is sleek and you get a good 12ml of polish for your money. This polish has the best name though.. 'Hanky Panky!' (£11.00)

Robert Piguet Perfume: There were three samples of Robert Piguet Samples. A full size (50ml) bottle of one of these perfumes costs a whopping £65! .. Umm, these are not for me then! Don't get me wrong, I quite like the scents of them all, and they are really long lasting and very posh smelling fragrances, the sort I would imagine a classy rich lady to wear. I could never afford a full size bottle, and I don't love the scents enough to either. But I will use the samples up.

Stila Smudgestick: (£13.00) Makeup, Yay! I was so, so excited about this. I have never tried Stila, and I have heard good things about the liners. This says it is waterproof and long wearing, and it is. It lasts all day, and the swatch below is still fading off my hand after numerous hand washes. The colour, Moray, is a lovely golden olive green colour, great for Autumn/Winter. I can't fault it. I love the colour, I love the shimmer that runs through it, and I want this liner in more colours.
So there you have it. My first Glossybox review. I love it, I just love the idea of receiving surprises every month, it makes me happy!

You can check out the Glossybox website for more information.

Also, if you're a subscriber, check out the Glossydots page, you could get a FREE Glossybox if you collect enough dots.

3 comments:

Computergirl said...

Great post! Thanks so much xx

Kate said...

I think you got introduced to GB at the perfect time! I've been subscribed since the very first one in May and Octobers' has been the best out the lot of them! (The other's have been great but this one in my eyes was fab!)
x

Unknown said...

Ooh that Stila stick is gorgeous!