Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Anastasia Lash Genius - Clear Waterproof Topcoat.

What it is:
A clear topcoat that instantly waterproofs, refreshes, and protects any mascara all day, without drying or clumping.

What it does:
This advanced, lightweight formula glides on smooth, dries quickly, and gives your lashes a touchable, soft lacquer finish that lasts all day.

This was sent to me to review ages ago now and I was saving it for when I went away to My Mum's because she lives by the sea and there was more chance of me swimming and needing to try it properly.

First off, I love the packaging, it is simple and elegant. The mascara itself is a white-ish coloured gel that applies and dries clear. I apply it on top of my usual mascara, after it's dry so that I didn't mess up the brush for this. After leaving it to dry for a few moments I was ready to go.

Disappointingly I didn't really go swimming at my Mum's as the weather was crappy, but I did wear it out in torrential rain and also in the shower to test it...  I literally walked out of the shower completely the same as I walked in it while wearing this, I did get my eyes wet, but I didn't rub them and there was no change. Another day I wore one without the topcoat and one with, a true test I think.. and the topcoat one hadn't budged, the normal mascara eye had smudged a little under my eye. It definitely worked for me.

I never normally use waterproof mascaras because I hate removing them, it's such a hard job.. but this came off fairly easily with a cleansing oil and it didn't leave my own lashes feeling dry or like there was still mascara on them.

I do think this is a great purchase if you love your fave mascara and it isn't available in waterproof, or you need a waterproof mascara, but don't want to have to change from you current fave or whatever. This will waterproof any mascara you like!

You can purchase this from Cult Beauty for just £7.50, I think it's a handy little addition to have.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds great, and an affordable price too !

Sophierosehearts x