Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

MeMeMe « MakeUp Review.


Quite a while ago I was sent a few 'MeMeMe' goodies to try out. I got a couple of lip glosses and a cream blusher, both products are great, So I wanted to mention them here.

The two lip glosses that I have are the 'Light Me Up' ones. These both have a kind of menthol scent to them, the sort that you get in plumping glosses sometimes, but these don't plump, they just have a refreshing feel and smell.
Top 'Sparkle' - Bottom 'Show'

They are both a nice creamy texture that isn't too sticky and they are very pigmented too. have a small mirror on the side of the tube, and a little light inside the lid that (hence the light me up name) shines onto the lips when you use it, to help you see where you are applying it.

Mirror                                                        Light Up!
I like the light and mirror concept, especially if you are on a night out and you're in a dark bar or club. However, you cannot control the light, and so it comes on every time it gets used, which can be a bit annoying when you don't need it, But that's just a small thing really.

Show is a bubblegum pink creamy shade that looks great alone, or topped over a pink lippie. It's eye catching and really girlie.

Sparkle is a hot pink, almost red colour that is very striking. The reason for it's name is that it is packed with blue/violet micro sparkle that looks amazing when it catches the light. I love this over red lipstick, but both are pigmented enough to wear alone.

Here they are, swatched without a flash, then with. Click image for a closer look.. I tried to capture the sparkle!

The glosses are £6.99 each from Superdrug, or here.

Next thing is the Cheek'E blusher pot. This come packaged in a cute pot with a screw top lid and I have the colour Pinki'E. These are £4.99 from Superdrug, or the website. They don't currently have this colour online though, unfortunately.

Pinki'E.
As you can see, Pinki'E is a vibrant pink colour, and it does have a slight golden shimmer running through it. It's really smooth and blends easily onto the skin to a powder finish, leaving a fresh-faced glow. I like to use my fingers to apply this because the opening is quite small and I don't have a brush that fits in there to swirl around and pick up the colour. But I like to place the colour on with my fingers and blend with a #109 brush.

So there you have it, my review :) What do you think of MeMeMe products? Do you have any faves?

* * *

On a side note, MeMeMe are currently running a competition on their website where they are looking for their 'Lost Spirit' .. The winner of this competition will win a once in a lifetime amazing prize to become the 3rd spirit where they will take part in a professionally styled photo shoot by A-List celebrity make-up artist Lou Page which will be featured in Superdrug stores nationwide! Not only that, they will be in an exclusive feature with More! Magazine and for all their hard work our new spirit will win a holiday for them and one friend!
Just Go HERE to upload your shot and enter!

Good Luck! :)

4 comments:

Cali369 said...

I read a good review of this in the Observer mag - need to try it out, I like the idea of the sheen/shimmer.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I love this brand!

Anonymous said...

Where to buy mememe make up?

Sophie said...

Mememecosmetics.co.uk