Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Review : Liz Earle Skincare

Recently I have been trying out these Liz Earle skincare products. I have been loyal to using these as my regime and haven't strayed to any of my old products. I was so excited to try these because I have heard so, so many people talking about the famous Cleanse & Polish, as well as their other products. The great thing about the Liz Earle skincare range is that it suits ALL skin types, you just choose the moisturiser to suit your skintype.

The first this I noticed when using these products was the scent, the Cleanser smells divine, It has such a lovely fresh scent! The toner smells rose like, but it is not over powering at all, and I didn't really notice any scent to the moisturiser really.
 

So let's run through what I thought each product, shall we? ...

The Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser £13.00 : I was the most excited about this, I have heard people raving about it for ages and I wanted to see what they were talking about! My main thing with this, was that I wanted it to remove my makeup as well as cleansing my face and neck. I have tried other cleaners before that are supposed to remove everything, but there have never lived up to it, and if they have then they sting my eyes like crazy.

This comes in a pump bottle and I use about two full pumps for my whole face, You also get two Muslin Cloths with this (which you can wash in a washing machine) to use to Polish your skin with when you rinse. It is a very luxurious thick rich cream that smells gorgeous. So you rub the cleanser all over your (dry) face and massage it in, then soak your muslin cloth in hot (as hot as you can stand) water, hold it over your face for a few moments and then massage with the cloth in circular motions and rinse the cleanser away with water as you polish.

I am pleased to report that this DOES remove all traces of make up and cleanse amazingly at the same time, (get I get a whoop whoop?!) .. I am so, so glad it works, It dissolves everything on my eyes pretty much straight away without the need to rub at my eyes loads, and not only that but it leaves my skin feeling so smooth and clean after use. This is a definite winner for me, the make up remover/cleanser that I have been on the hunt for!

The Instant Boost Skin Tonic £11.50 : This really is like a tonic! It smells very light and floral, but fresh at the same time. In all honesty I'm a bit hit and miss with toners, sometimes I use them, other times I don't, and that isn't good for my skin, it's just confusing it! This stuff however is just lovely. It's very soothing on the skin and it does not dry it out what so ever, in fact it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed. It has such a cooling soothing effect on my skin and wakes my skin up.

The Skin Repair, Light £17.25 : What a lovely moisturiser! This really is light, extremely light! The lightest moisturiser I have ever used. Like the Cleanse & Polish this comes in a cute pump bottle, It has a lovely thin consistency which soaks in within seconds of massaging it onto the skin. You cannot feel it on your face at all, yet it leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth. This is a perfect base for makeup too, it keeps my oil at bay and because it soaks in so nicely you can apply makeup pretty much straight away.

In the time that I have been using this range my skin has definitely changed, and for the better, It feels more manageable and looks fresher. I think my face likes having a skincare regime to stick too, and these products are perfect for that.

Tell me, have you tried any Liz Earle products for your skin. What do you think of them?

Liz Earle Products Were provided by PR for review consideration. I love them :)

3 comments:

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

I'm also trying out the Liz Earle range at the mo and I'm loving them. They smell gorgeous too. x

Katie Hayward said...

After I got sent some Liz earle products I fell in love I think that they are great. I can not live without the moisturiser or exfoliator :)

Lots of love,
Katie
xoxo

cosmetichameleon said...

I used to use Liz Earle products religiously for a couple of years and I only strayed because I got curious about trying other brands who came out with their own versions of Cleanse and Polish e.g. Sanctuary and Soap & Glory. I still rave about Liz Earle though and may go back to it at some point. Everything I have tried, I've loved, especially the Daily Eye Repair - the best eye cream I've ever used.