Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sudocrem Cream ... In a tube!

I have always been a fan of Sudocrem. You know, the white cream that was always marketed as a nappy rash cream? It's been around for years!.. Well, I can always remember my mum using massive tubs of it for my little sister when she was a baby. If only I had known then what I know now!

In recent years it has been marketed to a wider audience, with celebrities such as Cheryl Cole and Tess Daly saying that they use it as their skin saviour for spots and blemishes. I purchased a tub not long after reading that Cheryl Cole swears by it, a few years ago. I was impressed, it works quite quickly in taking the redness out of a spot and helping it to go down.

So, a while back I got an email informing that Sudocrem is now newly available in tube form. Finally, I thought! I was sent a sample to try out, and I like it. I don't know it if is supposed to be or not (I have been informed by Kate that they are not the same - I should have researched better. The tub is a medicated cream with a license and the tube is just a skincare cream. I couldn't tell.) but to me it's the same cream, but maybe just a tad thicker than the cream in the tub is. For me it works the same and is much easier to use, I absolutely hate sticking my fingers into a tub and getting cream all under my nails, and now I don't have to. I like to have a sudocrem mask every now and again too, when my skin is being particularly awkward - that's where I cover my face in sudocrem and leave it for 20 mins or so.. It looks a little scary but does the trick!

You can purchase this cream from Boots stores, and on the website. It's cheap as chips and does the trick, definitely a must have for me.

Do you use Sudocrem, if so what for?

4 comments:

kay eh tea ei. said...

I love sudocrem, but the tube isn't the same as in the tub. The tub is medicated with a licence whereas the tube is just a skin cream.

Sophie said...

I didn't think so. I love both, and prefer the tube. It makes my skin feel lovely!

Julianne said...

I have recently discovered the joys of Sudocrem - I usually pop it on a spot and leave it there all day. Only trouble is how dry it can make the ex-spot area :S

Unknown said...

I will be buying this,thank you so much for this post.I adore the smell,it reminds me of when my girls were tiny. xx