Pages

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Avène SPF50 Mineral Cream.

This product was sent to me some time ago, and I kind of wondered when I would get the chance to use it, I don't live near a beach, and it's never that hot here in the UK (although it has been quite warm recently) ..

So, I figured I would just try it for day to day use in the warmer weather we have been having. This is like a light tinted face cream, I never realised at first that it kind of gave a coverage to my face as well as protecting, but when I realised I was impressed!

It has a thick consistency but blends in easy and soaks into the face quickly without leaving any greasy after feel. It also evened out my skin tone without being heavy. I love how it made my skin look, it had a fresh healthy glow to it. It doesn't have a scent and a little goes a long way too.

The colour of this is quite pale though and just right for my pale face, I don't know how it would be on darker skin tones.

Here is some of what they say :

Fragrance-free
No chemical filter

Sun protection
Effective against all sun rays (long and short UVB-UVAs).

Water-resistant
Lasting protection thanks to its excellent water- and sweat-resistance.

Anti-oxidant
Thanks to pretocopheryl, precursor of vitamin E; reinforces the cutaneous barrier.

Soothing and anti-irritant
Thanks to its high concentration in Avène Thermal Spring water.

Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic product.

Here is a swatch :
.. Here is is on my face blended in (Excuse the no make up!) See how it looks evened out and glowy? I really like how it makes my skin look!
So, this is water resistant, and has an SPF of 50 in it, which is very high, but good for my pale skin - At least you know you are protecting your face from all of those harmful rays when wearing this. I like that it is chemical free, so good for any of you who are allergic to normal sun creams too.

I was surprised at how much I liked this product, But I will most definitely be using it on very hot sunny days when I need lots of protection from now on, and I have told my mum about it too, because she is off to Turkey soon and will need maximum protection.

You can purchase this at Amazon for £13.30.

2 comments:

Stevista said...

I will have to check this out, as I LOOOOVE Avene!! :) Thanks Sophie!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow this sounds amazing! I am currently using a SPF 50 face cream and it is so greasy! Horrible stuff.