Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

First Look : Revlon Luxurious Colour Eyeshadows. > +



Look at them, how beautiful do they look, all sitting together, waiting to be touched, and swatched and admired! . . .

These beauties are the newest addition from Revlon, due for release in mid September, Meet the Luxurious Colour Eyeshadow Mono's .. They have two different finishes, Perle and Satin.

Let me show you them..

Here are the four gorgeous satin shades that I was sent, they are luscious!

I apologise in advance for the poor lighting in some shots, I don't know what was going on with it, but all pictures were taken in natural light to give you them as true as I could.




The Satin's are as smooth as butter, highly pigmented, blendable and vibrant, I absolutely adore the finish and all of the colours are just gorgeous, Shimmering Sienna and Nude Slip are going to be a great combination, I just know it!

* * *

Next up we have the Perle finishes, these are more shimmery and sheer, but they are all nice colours, and lovely to apply.

Most of the Perle's have tiny micro glitter particles in them, It's not chunky glitter that falls out though, it's glitter that transfers with the eyeshadow and stays put - Pretty!

Let's have a look ...


Sunlit Sparkle is a gorgeous Ivory with a slight golden sheen to it, The perfect highlight colour in my opinion. It has shimmer and it sparkles nicely without being too over the top.

* * *

Violet Starlet was the eyeshadow that most disappointed me the most out of all of them, I love how it looks in the pan, but it doesn't swatch nicely, it looks a lot darker and is quite difficult to blend on the skin.

* * *

Brushed Copper could almost be a satin, it's smooth and blendable and a gorgeous colour, my swatches really do not do these eyeshadows any justice. This is a lovely pale tan colour that is sheer but buildable and has a nice sheen to it.

* * *

Glistening Snow is white and shimmery with micro particles of glitter, it's really pretty and the glitter sticks with the eyeshadow rather than falling out all over the place. This is a lovely all over the lid brightening colour.

* * *

Black Galaxy, the one I love the look of, it is like a black/gunmetal colour, it's pigmented, smooth, glittery and the perfect smoky eye colour, I love it. This will look great in the crease with Glistening Snow on the lid.
-
So, as you can tell, I have lots of ideas and combinations for these shadows and I can't wait to play with them more and create some nice looks. I will be doing some FOTD looks and videos with these where I am sure you will get more of an idea of the colours.

Which are your faves and what combinations would you wear? I think it will be nice to mix up the Satin's and Perles.

Available from Mid September @ Boots and Superdrug priced £4.99.

In the meantime you can read more about them on the US website here : Satin & Perle.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm excited! Nude Slip is looking very nice :)
Kat x Click&Make-Up!

Unknown said...

I love the way Revlon shadows look, with the zig-zagish stripes :)

Stevista said...

Awwwwww pretty!!! :D thanks for the swatches Sophie! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover