Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review - New, OSiS Hair Products!



I'm weird about my hair, sometimes I can't be bothered with the hassle of washing, drying, straightening it every other day, and so I just end up wearing it tied up in a ponytail or messy bun all of the time.

When I was asked if I would like to try some products from the new revamped OSiS range, I couldn't resist. I gave a few choices of what I would like to try, and I was sent a selection of three things, show above. All of the products are in really modern looking packaging, and they have 'hold strength' from 1 to 3 I believe, one being light hold..

Dust It : (Hold 1) This is a light styling powder designed to texturise hair with a soft matt effect.

This is really different for me, and for a while I was a little confused about what to do with it, even though I chose to try it out! It's a mattifying dust that comes in a shaker tub. I used it on my roots and it gave instant 'ooomf' and volume! It is also good for soaking up any oil on yours roots too, so it's like a dry shampoo and volumiser. I really like this product, but I do think it would work better on shorter layered styles.

Curl Me Soft : (Hold 2) This is a velvet curl cream designed to define curls and prevent flyaways.

This is my favourite of the bunch. I purposely chose some things that I could use to emphasise my curly hair, rather than something to use after straightening. Because my hair is naturally curly it's healthier for my hair to let it do it's thing, rather than using any heat. With this product I would applying it to my damp hair (after washing) and then just let it dry naturally, My hair dried into natural ringlets that were frizz free and separated, it also holds well too! I love what this did for me and it is something I have been using constantly.

Grip : (Hold 3) This is a long lasting super hold mousse.

Mousse is something I always use for my curls, and this one is great, it's lightweight and didn't make my hair feel clogged with product, it brushes out easily and doesn't overload the hair at all. It has maximum hold and when going for an evening out this is the perfect product to hold my curls all night long, in conjunction with the curl me soft.

What are your favourite hair products guys? .. I recommend this range if you're looking for something new to try.

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Really enjoy reading your posts Sophie. I might have to try this range too, always on the hunt for new things to test!

http://beautifullyflourished.blogspot.com/

Sophie said...

They `are worth a go, and great quality.