Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bloom Cosmetics Review.



I have recently been trying out some goodies from the brand 'Bloom' that I was sent.

Bloom is an Australian brand that is sold in Superdrug here in the UK. The products come in fun colourful packaging that has a hand drawn girls face on front, It looks really nice, It's sturdy and good quality.
* * *

The first thing I want to talk about is the Mascara : It Promises full, flirty lashes and is one of those 'Tube' type mascara's that coat your lashes, then slide off when you remove it.

The brush is made up of soft bristles that grip onto every lash and coats them in the formula, which is really dark black. This added length but not much volume, it lived up to it's waterproof promise, but after a long day I did find it was flaking off of my lashes a little bit.


* * *
Next up, a lip liner and lipstick. I'll admit at first glance I was like 'Ugh, not my colours!' but I was quite surprised at how nice they both were. They don't really match, as you can see, but the lipliner makes for a good liner when I wear a red lip. It lasts well and is really creamy and pigmented. The lipstick is an unusual colour that I was sure would not suit me at all, It's quite sheer and the swatch below is three swipes - I like the sheerness because it just adds a sheer wash of colour to my lips. It feels really soft and moisturising when applied too, not drying at all.


* * *
The liner, in midnight blue is a gorgeous colour, it was a weird slanted tip that you twist up, I didn't really see the point in that, it didn't make application any easier. It's really creamy and doesn't drag on the eye though, and the colour is a nice deep blue shade. I like it as a base under eyeshadow.

* * *
I'll be honest, I haven't tried the face tanner yet, I'm not big on the tanning thing and I'm a bit chicken about using them! I'm unsure if I will yet, It smells good and is a white lotion which made me a little less worried, I imagined it would be a dark brown cream. I'll see how I go with this and let you know...



So, all in all I like these products and enjoyed trying them out, I would definitely like to try some more of the products in the range, especially the lipsticks and eye-liner sticks.

Have you tried anything from Bloom? What would you recommend?

5 comments:

LatBeautyAddict said...

Good review.

I keep looking at the range but haven't tried anything yet! they have a cute nude/pink lipstick that I want to try but there's never any in stock!

Lx

Stephine said...

Such a cute products! I wish we had some newer products like this in the states!

Unknown said...

I haven't tried anything but my Mum has been spouting gospel about their primer all week :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a pic of you wearing the lip stick... I think it looks quite pretty!

Sophie said...

@ Bitter : I don't think they seem to have much in stores do they?

@ Stephnie : It seems Australia has the hugest choice!

@ Lillian : The primer looks good, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

@ White : Sure, I'll include it in a fotd. :)