Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

» Dirty Works Face Mask & Scrub.

 
I'm totally new to the brand Dirty Works. It's a beauty / bath brand that has just recently released a range of nine skincare products. I was sent a couple to try so that I could share my thoughts.

I was sent the Porefect Face Scrub and the  Belle Of the Ball Face Mask ..They are both £4.99 each and available from Sainsburys, and online at the links attached. You can see more of the Dirty Works Range, Here.

» The Packaging : It's bound to be compared to Soap & Glory with it's Retro Kitsch packaging, but I like it. The pink is cute and eye catching. I don't know if it is supposed to, but the packaging has a sweet candyfloss scent to it too. As soon as I opened the envelope I was hit with a lovely yummy scent. Nice touch!
So, What did I think of them?  ... 

» The Porefect Face Scrub : "Reveal your inner beauty with this softening and smoothing facial scrub. Bursting with fruit extracts, it will tingle your senses with excitement and leave your skin refreshed and ready for further action!"

» My Thoughts : Impressive! It smells pleasant, a little fruity like. It has very fine grains in it to exfoliate, and I love that it is a foaming scrub, rather than just a exfoliator. I feel like this is cleansing my skin as well as getting rid of dead skin cells. It leaves my skin looking healthy and glowy, and feeling super smooth! I would definitely repurchase this.

» The Face Mask : Get ready to let your skin glow with new radiance! An intensive-action face mask to deep cleanse and replenish your skin. With superfruit extract of Blueberry, skin clearing Willow Bark and detoxifying Green Clay and Kaolin to help draw impurities from your skin leaving it fresh and glowing.

» My Thoughts :  I love love love this! It smells amazingly  sweet and you can feel it work. It is a clay mask, so great for helping with my oily skin. Just spread it on, and let it dry. It tightens up quite a bit, so avoid the eye area. I was left with soft refreshed skin, and I even noticed my pores looked a little smaller after using this. It just seemed to make my face look a little firmer, and look healthier. Love it!

Overall, I'm very impressed with what I have tried and actually fancy paying a visit to Sainsbury's to try some more products. The price is great, the packaging cute, and the product works. Have you tried anything from Dirty Works? What do you think?

9 comments:

Sophie said...

It sounds like a copy of Soap & Glory, but Porefect and things. It's packaging is also very very similar! But the products do look tempting :) xoxo

Sophie said...

* but copying Benefit's porefessional idea with porefect. Can't type today! x

Miss A said...

Ooooh, just read your reviews and told my boyfriend: we're going to Sainsburys tomorrow! :P
I just HAVE TO check them out (I mean, buy them).. The packaging does look very similar to S&G's but.. I don't care - they seem like fun, effective products that smell nice so.. I'm in! :)

xx

Gaby Fauchon said...

The packaging looks cute! I haven't heard about this brand before.

Vida said...

Great review, the face mask sounds amazing. This brand looks so cute, it looks so much like Soap and Glory!

http://vibeauty.blogspot.com/

Shameera@MyFrostedWorld said...

I've seen these things in Sainsburys, but never tried them as I thought they'd be a cheap version of S&G. I might try them now!

The Sunday Girl said...

how did the scrub work on the pores? I have yucky biggish ones on the side of nose/cheek that i'm really trying on reducing but nothing works!:( x

Michelle said...

Is there any way I can purchase this line living in the US?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm afro caribbean and simply LOVE this range ! I initally tried the body scrub and was blown away... so went back and bought the FULL bodycare range. Yes indeed, it is a time of savvy buying and we recessionista's have to still look the part without breaking the pocket! I've used skin products from Clinique to Clarins and to be honest,I feel once you are dedicated to beauty care with commitment to a complete brand you can't go wrong. I'm 50 and look 35 and I'm hoping the Dirty Works range will keep me looking younger for longer ! (p.s. skin colour doesn't denote beauty, time and effort is the key) x