Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

» Sleek MakeUP iDivine Primer Palette.

Meet Sleek MakeUP's newest addition! The iDivine Primer Palette.. I have been excited about this for the past few weeks, and I am so pleased to add it to my Sleek Collection.

So, the primer palette contains twelve cream primer eyeshadow bases, which are supposed to work perfectly with all shades from your iDivine palettes. The palette has a good range of shades in it - They are all slightly shimmery, apart from the black one which is matte.
 
The consistency of these is really nice and creamy. They are not greasy at all. They blend nicely and eyeshadows stick nicely to the base.  They are pigmented enough to be worn alone, but I prefer to use them as a base to intensify a powder eyeshadow or pigment.
I wore a silver look the other day and used the silver shade as a base, with a silver shadow layered on top. I was impressed with the staying power of it, my make up stayed bright and crease free for most of the day  (about 4 to 6 hours) before it started to crease. I was tempted to prime underneath to see if it makes a difference, but I thought that would defeat the object. To be honest I didn't expect it would stay crease free as long as it did, so I am pleasantly surprised.

The packaging is the standard Sleek Palette packaging. Nice and sturdy with the large mirror. As you can see above, the palette comes with a little brush applicator. It's useless, it sheds and is quite scratchy. I find the easiest way to apply a creamy product is with my fingers or a flat synthetic brush anyway.

Overall, a thumbs up for me! This is a welcome addition to my collection, and I am looking forward to experimenting more with it.

This palette is released on 16th February, available from Sleek MakeUP Website, and Superdrug. £6.49.
See My Swatches Here.

20 comments:

socialitedreams said...

wow, that's gorgeous! I love the idea of it, need to get one!


Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Anonymous said...

wow i need this so bad for me sleek collection as welll!! looks amazing!!

Whimsical Wolf said...

Great review! I'm definately adding this product to my wishlist! xxx

Leticia said...

Oh wow, I haven't seen that before!

Julia Barneri said...

I want it! *_*

kay eh tea ei. said...

Looks amazing, I love Sleek products! I just did a FOTD with the storm palette actually :)
gh0stparties.blogspot.com

Demonicsmurfette said...

Oh!!! Come to mama! I haven't felt tingly lust like this for too long. So pretty!

Allthingsgirly said...

Ooooo I need to pick this up! Sleek is such good value for money!x

Unknown said...

OMG I am overly excited about this

Unknown said...

I'm very excited by this. It's annoying cause I'm still mad at Sleek after the sale debacle but I want all their new products! I'm glad to hear they actual do well at what they're supposed to do!

Lydia said...

Could you please do some swatches of the primers and of the primers+e/s on? that would be very useful.
THank you

Sophie said...

Yes, of course :)

Marilou said...

Wow this palette looks rather fabulous! I want it :) Thanks for the honest review xx

Unknown said...

It`s amazing :D

buntewollsocke said...

Great range of colours. I'm very excited.

lucie.lovely.cupcake said...

What a great idea! x

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Must have this one :-) I have become such a Sleek fan, and now they read my mind because I was looking for primers! Yes!

Nail Dazzler Nails said...

I really want to try this one but i bet is sold out on my superdrug:)

Hezzie said...

Is this primer palette still available in stores?

Sophie said...

Yes, it is in the permanent collection :)