Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

→ Eyesbright : Contact Lenses, Lashes, Glitter & More! ♥




I've always been curious about trying out fun contact lenses, but a little scared too. I only have one set of eyes, and I am a very clumsy person, So I thought it best I left them alone. Once, in my teens I did buy a pair of violet three month lenses that I tried once or twice, but hated how they felt and so never bothered again.


Recently I received an email from a lovely lady called Kate, asking me if I would like to try out a few things from her website Eyes Bright .. After a look at the site, I jumped at the chance .. She sells a massive range of contact lenses, coloured ones, funky ones, scary ones.. and twilight ones! She also sells false lashes, glitters and face jewels .. So I sent her a little clue on the things that caught my eye the most, and she sent me a lovely package.


I received three pairs of contact lenses, and some lens cases and solution to store them in. This time around I did something I didn't bother doing when I was younger, and that was reading the instructions, how to store and look after them, and also watching you tube videos with tips and tricks about lenses. If I am honest my scariest thing was putting them in, and moreso removing them! I don't remember even being bothered about that when I was younger.
So anyway, after reading everything thoroughly and watching tons of videos on how to remove lenses, I went for it. I was prepared, clean hands, clean lenses, everything! ... And do you know what? It is much easier than I expected, and a lot less scary actually .. Putting them in is quite easy, removing them is a little more difficult, but easy once you get the hang of it. Just slide the lens away from the cornea, and pinching it between two fingers.


The three pairs of lenses that I got were the Twilight Lenses [£17.99] (Of course! How predictable am I?), Three Tone Brown [£15.99], and Sweet Honey [£15.99]. I love them all, although they do have similarities in the colour tones, they all have differences! So, I'm sure you are dying to see.. 
So, my natural blue eye, and then the three different lenses! .. I have to say that I love them all, so much! The twilight are very golden looking and Edward Cullen-ish in person. The 3 tone brown are the most natural looking, it took the BF a while to notice when I was wearing them (tut!) .. My faves, the honey lenses are bigger lenses, so they make my eyes look all doe like and cute .. Love them lots!

All three pairs of lenses are super soft and I was surprised at how natural they felt when I wear them. I can't feel the edge of them at all. That was one of the main things in my memory from my previous experience. So, what do you think of them? Which do you like best? .. It has opened up a whole interesting world for me, and I cannot wait to try some new colours .. I fancy green eyes next!


I was also sent some false eyelashes to try out .. I'm a bit of a lash addict, So I was very pleased about this! The website has a good range that it very reasonable priced.
Desire Lashes - Limited Edition Lashes - Dorable Lashes
The limited edition lashes are very drag! I tried them, but they seriously made me look crazy! The other two pairs are lovely wearable lashes, nice and glam and perfect for nights out! Dorable are my fave, they look so thick and lush and I like the different lengths of lash, it gives a wispy effect.

Here are some random pictures of me using the lenses and lashes ...
Clockwise from top left : Me wearing 3 tone brown lenses, how natural do they look? -- The next one is a sweet honey lens, Totally love how they look. -- Next, the limited edition lashes, I told you they look mad! -- Lastly, a scary shot of me wearing the twilight lenses.. I was trying to look like a scary vamp, but turned out more zombie like.. One for Halloween maybe? ..

- Ok, and lastly, some glam glitter shakers and gems! The stargazer glitters in 'Holographic' and 'UV Orange' are lovely. They are very fine and will be perfect for some glitzy make up looks. The holographic one if just like MAC 3D glitter, and at a fraction of the cost for £2.49 each! I recommend!.. I'm not sure those gems are worth the price though, They cost £2.50 and all you get is what you see in the pic, and a tube of lash glue. They are nice big sparkly gems though, I just think there should be more!
Phew! So that concludes my mammoth review.. Perhaps I should have separated everything, But I wanted to show everything that I got. I love everything I got, and you can expect to see me with different lenses in for looks every so often now. I would love to hear about your experiences with lenses, So please let me know!


Thanks to the lovely Kate for giving me the chance to try these goodies out! .. Don't forget to have a look at their website people, they sell some really funky lenses, as well as the other things I mentioned.

Thanks for reading and well done if you got this far!..

10 comments:

Amy said...

You look like Mrs Lovett from Sweeney Todd in your scary vamp picture!! Great post :) I really want some coloured contacts but I doubt I'd wear them anywhere haha

Please check out my blog, I just need 1 more follower before I do my first giveaway (soooooo excited):
http://perrettabeauty.blogspot.com/

Amy xx

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

The contact lenses look amazing! I've ALWAYS wanted white or black contacts but I wouldn't know where to start in buying them. Plus, the thought of putting something into my eye freaks me out a little.

Just me, Leah said...

I love your scary vamp shot. That looks awesome! The Twilight lenses are cool too :)

Miss A said...

I know this is completely off topic but just wanted to say: I love your blog.
Only discovered it today and I'm very glad I did :)

xx

beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

ShimmerDreamz said...

The LE lashes look fab! Just like something Illamasqua would have.

As for the picture that followed...I was scared. It's your civic duty to wear that next year and give those kiddies a fright - we all know it's good for the constitution, hmm? :0

http://shimmerdreamz.blogspot.com/

Cassie x

Snarky P said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Im so guna place an order. Just been browsing the site. Thx for the info.

Lauren said...

These are so cool! I'de love to try coloured contacts, but as I need prescription ones I prob can't use them :( bah

Crazy Contacts said...

Those all contact lenses look really good to me no matter what color it is of. The colors of your contacts are extravagant.

Bella Guthrie said...

I'm actually amused by your introductory paragraph—very witty! Anyway, your goth-inspired eye makeup is so gorgeous! And the contact lens look fabulous on your skin tone and hair colour. Three thumbs up for this one! Kepp posting those reviews, DIYs, and tips, by the way.