Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

» My Thoughts : Nars Sheer Matte Foundation.

When it came to picking out a foundation I would like to try from NARS, I was stuck. I had heard so many positives about their Sheer Glow Foundation.. I was tempted, but with my skin being oily, and me needing a matte finish, I opted for the Sheer Matte Foundation (£29.50) instead.

What NARS Say : An oil-free, soft matte-finish foundation with sheer, buildable coverage that controls oil and shine throughout the day. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is more luminous, softer and smoother.

Used daily, Sheer Matte Foundation improves skin brightness, radiance and texture. For normal to oily skin types.

  • Minimizes visible discoloration
  • Brightens and clarifies overall skin tone
  • Oil free. Absorbs oil and controls shine
  • Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance Free.

So, what did I think of it? .. Let's see!

The formula of this foundation is a thick one, I had read that it is quite difficult to blend, So I used my fingers from day one, so I could warm the product up and have it blend into my skin easier. I never had any problems with blending. The shade range for NARS foundations is awesome too, I got this is Siberia (Light 1) and it's very pale, it works for me though.

Once blended this foundation sets to a matte finish that doesn't even require powdering, and for me that is an essential step! I do still powder most of the time, out of habit really.

Now, there is a problem with this for me .. quite a big one! It doesn't stay matte on my skin at all, after only a few hours my oily comes through and I need to blot and re-powder again. This is disappointing for something oil free and made to keep your skin matte.

Overall, as a foundation, I like it, I like how it initially makes my skin look and feel, I just wish it lasted longer. I have read a few reviews recently where others have said a similar thing about it too. I will use it though, I'll just make sure I have my blot powder to hand!

I really want to try the Sheer Glow now.. All I have seen are rave reviews!

What do you think of Nars foundations, have you tried this one?

4 comments:

Joanna Louise said...

I haven't tried the Matt one but I swear by the sheer glow - just wrote a review on it. It has been my foundation for the past year! Sorry to hear this one hasn't completely satisfied you in terms of staying matt! Great review x

Sophie said...

Hi Joanna,

I'm keen to give Sheer Glow a try. I know many people with oilier skin who love it, so maybe I will too :)

xx

kay eh tea ei. said...

Awesome review, I had high hopes. I really want to try another foundation but I do love my MAC prolong wear. Have you tried that?
Hope you find something sweetie x

gh0stparties.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How annoying that it still becomes oily! I wonder if one of their shades would work for me. It's annoying, I like matte skin best but my skin is dry, foundations for dry skin seem to always want me to have a 'dewy glow' :P