Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Photo-a-Day ~ Day Eighteen ~ All About The Eyes, YSL.

I love luxury beauty brands, luxurious beauty products always feel like such a treat to use. I don't own too many if I'm honest but I'm slowly adding little pieces to my collection and I find I always feel that little bit more glam when I use them.

Recently I got this gift set* from Yves Saint Laurent at Harrods and I cannot fault any of the products. I had actually never tried anything from them before, but I had often read good things about their lipsticks, and the gorgeous gold packaging speaks for itself.

I really like that the set had two full sized products, the much raved about false lash effect mascara and touche eclat, and that it also contained a few minis to try out - the eye cream, makeup remover and black eye liner.

- The Mascara.. I am IN LOVE with this! I was wowed by the first coat, it's the blackest black, it gives so much length and volume to the lashes and is really buildable if you want a true false lash look. I liked that even after a couple of coats my lashes still feel like lashes and not crunchy or gross. It stays on too, no smudging or flaking, this is my go to at the moment and I've been telling everyone about it. It's like a must have.. It's the best mascara I've tried, and that is a bold claim.

- The Touche Eclat.. Ah, the famous touché éclat... Is it a concealer, is it a highlighter?! I did research this before I used it, I wanted to get it right. It's kind of both to me! It really does a wonderful job at brightening under the eyes, right in the inner corners which is my favourite way to use it. It is lovely on the tops of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, brow bone and cupids bow too. I really like it and I get the hype. It's not shimmery, but it really does a good job of brightening and concealing subtly.

- The Eye Cream.. I want a full size of this now! I love trying out new eye creams to see if they make any difference to the look or texture when I apply makeup. This eye cream has a very light scent which I enjoy and it goes on silkily smooth and sinks in quickly, it instantly brightens, but what I love is that you can feel it - it has a soft soothing/cooling effect which I find really refreshes my under eyes. I'd love a full size of this.

- The Eye Makeup Remover.. This is a dual phase remover, you know the sort that you shake up and it mixes the oils together. It did a great job at removing my makeup and didn't irritate my eyes at all, but it didn't impress me enough that I'd want a full size, I'm quite happy with cheaper brands that do the trick as well.

- The Pencil Eye Liner.. I didn't know what to expect from this, an eye liner is an eye liner right? ... Well yes, but this is a really nice quality eye liner, it's super black, applies smoothly and stays put! It's waterproof but has more staying power than other waterproof liners that I love, and the pigment stayed, it didn't fade. This mini size is actually a really generous size too.

Take a look at the Harrods YSL beauty section to check out these products, and others in the range individually.
If you follow my blog via Google Friend Connect (GFC), it's going to be gone soon. Please follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with my posts.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: